Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Reprint This! Space Family Robinson

I imagine this one has got to be stuck in licensing limbo - but I'm not sure that's entirely true as this series pre-dated Lost in Space. Someone with more IP Law know how than me (and that's just about anyone with a pulse), would likely know the details. This series features very creative stories, mostly by Gaylord DuBois, and some of Dan Spiegle's finest work. He excelled at creature design, alien landscapes and spacecraft. It is pure Silver Age sci-fi magic. Dark Horse has done such a fine job on so many classic Gold Key books, that I'm sure they'd produce a top notch Space Family Robinson collection. I'll be first in line to buy it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah,me too.

johnny waller said...

I agree. This is artistically an excellent series and deserves to be republished.