Wednesday, November 14, 2007

87,356th Person to Declare his Love for Sarah Silverman

Yup – I’m the 87,356th person to declare his love for Sarah Silverman. I could have seemed more hip if I’d posted this in 1999 or so. The good news is, my wife loves her too so I’ve got a co-stalker, should it ever got that far. Why all the love in the household these days? Well, it’s the Sarah Silverman Program - definitely one of the best 30 minutes of the week. After years of ill-fitting projects (School of Rock comes to mind), she’s finally found the perfect outlet for her energy. Jesus is Magic was a the appetizer, and this show is the main course.

Is she perfect? No. Yes, I know that her jokes wouldn’t be as funny if they came out of a less attractive mouth. Yes, I’m fully aware that a good number of her jokes fall flat. Yes, her relationship with Jimmy Kimmel does creep me out a bit. The thing is, when it works, it is a beautiful thing. People use the whole “Coke out my nose” line a lot, but I’m not much of a LOL kind of guy. I did almost choke to death a couple of weeks ago watching this show. If that’s not love, I don’t know what is.

No comments: