Thursday, December 15, 2005

Fatherhood

In the early hours of on November 30th, I became a father.

My lovely little boy, Logan, was born as healthy and as happy as I could have imagined. My wife and I have spent the last couple of weeks trying to figure out this whole parenting thing and it is going surprisingly well.

People will always say that having children will change your life - no more late nights out on the town, no more romantic getaways. None of that really bothers me, as I know that my wife and I will find ways to spend time together and our love of travel will not be curtailed simply because we have a child. In fact, we already have a trip to Costa Rica planned for April.

The one thing that I have noticed, though, is that my ability to read and unwind has been severely hampered. Gone are the days of lying on the couch on a Saturday morning with a TPB in my hand. Now, I seem to be jumping up from the couch every two minutes either to change a diaper, soothe Logan or grab something for my wife while she is nursing. I swear it took me nearly two hours to get through a simply Daffy Duck comic the other day. I guess this will at least save me some money in the long run, as I'll only have a to buy a few books a month!

In all seriousness, I really hope that Logan continues to be healthy and happy and I hope to one day share my love of comic books with him. I know that they are not everyone's cup of tea - but I'd love it if we could forge a father/son bond over comic books. That's not too much to ask for, is it?

2 comments:

Jhunt said...

Hey, that's awesome. Congrats! And good luck on the comic front. If my future progeny doesn't like comics, I'm selling him/her to the gypsies.

Ragnell said...

Wow, Congratulations!